Last updated: February 11, 2015
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE (“TERMS”) CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE SURVEYENGINE SERVICE.
BY USING SURVEYENGINE, THE WEB SITE OR THE SERVICE, YOU INDICATE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THIS ENTIRE AGREEMENT.
Subject to your compliance with these Terms and your payment of any applicable fees, SurveyEngine grants You a non-exclusive, non-transferable, royalty-free, revocable license and lease to use the Services.
Unless specifically agreed by SurveyEngine in writing, the use of the Services in this agreement, applies only to the Client as per the Definitions Section below.
Account: An online management interface into the SurveyEngine Platform accessed via login credentials and comprising all client content and respondent data.
Client: The entity or individual (interchangeably referred to as “You” or “Your”) accepting this agreement or receiving the benefit of the SurveyEngine Services or any person accessing the SurveyEngine Service by any method on behalf of that entity.
Client Servers: A server or servers owned or operated by the Client running SurveyEngine Platform.
Content: Any information including but not limited to questions, responses, panels, instructions, data, specifications, graphics, text, video (interchangeably referred to as “Materials”) produced by, uploaded to or related to operation of the Services.
Monthly Respondent Cap: The number of monthly Respondent completions before the Usage Overage rate is applied.
Respondent: An individual who participates in an online survey by providing responses to questions in that survey.
Servers: A server or servers owned or operated by SurveyEngine running the SurveyEngine Platform.
Services: Any benefit provided by SurveyEngine PL including but not limited to the SurveyEngine Platform, Analysis, Interpretation, Reporting, Content, Training, Technical Support, Consulting or Advice.
Subscription: An agreement to use the SurveyEngine Services which may involve provision of an online account and login to the Platform for either a fixed, optionally recurring, period.
SurveyEngine: The organisation SurveyEngine PL (referred to as “Us” or “We”) providing the Platforms, support and consulting.
Platform: Refers to the functioning SurveyEngine Software delivered on servers and administered by SurveyEngine. In this context it specifically refers to the servers hosting Client’s account and content.
Website: refers explicitly to the site at http://surveyengine.com.
3. Intellectual Property
- Neither these Terms nor your use of the Services grants you ownership in the ‘Services or the content you access through the Services (other than your Content). Except as permitted by SurveyEngine’s Brand and Trademark Use Policy, these Terms do not grant you any right to use SurveyEngine’s trademarks or other brand elements.
- All Software provided to allow use of the Services remains the property of SurveyEngine, All intellectual and technical concepts contained within the Service are proprietary to SurveyEngine PL and are protected by Copyright.
- SurveyEngine Choice Modelling Process & Method is protected by International Patent Cooperation Treaties (PCT/AU2011/001405) in force in the United States and Australia and pending in the European Union.
- SurveyEngine owns all right, title and interest in and to the Services as delivered, all related software and technology, and all SurveyEngine content provided in connection with the Services, including all intellectual property rights. Nothing contained on the Platform or “Website” should be construed as granting any license or right to use any trademark without the prior written permission of SurveyEngine.
- SurveyEngine reserves the right to include traffic generated by all web sites it hosts in its overall accounting of page views, unique users, and other usage measures. This includes providing web traffic measurement companies with all URLs hosted by SurveyEngine for use in their projection of SurveyEngine’ overall traffic.
- Certain content and information provided through the Platform, including, without limitation, instructions, presentations, demonstrations, documents, graphics, layouts, computational procedures, computer code, reports; collectively, the “SurveyEngine Materials”, are provided to you by SurveyEngine and are the copyrighted and/or trademarked work of SurveyEngine.
- SurveyEngine grants the Client a limited non-exclusive and non-transferable license to use and to display the SurveyEngine Content solely for the Client in connection with the SurveyEngine Platform.
- This limited license terminates automatically, without prior notice to the Client, if the Client breaches any term of this Agreement. Except for the limited rights granted hereunder, you acknowledge that you have no right, title or interest in or to any SurveyEngine Content.
- Except as expressly permitted in these terms, the Client has no right to modify, edit, copy, reproduce, create derivative works of, reverse engineer, alter, enhance or in any way exploit any of the SurveyEngine Content or Platform in any manner.
- The Website and the SurveyEngine Platform and all information and screens appearing on both, including documents, site design, text, graphics, logos, images and icons, as well as the arrangement thereof, are the sole property of SurveyEngine P/L Copyright © 2015, Except as otherwise required or limited by applicable law, any reproduction, distribution, modification, retransmission, or publication of any copyrighted material is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of the copyright owner or license. SurveyEngine reserves all rights in the “Website” and the Platform that are not expressly granted.
- You retain ownership of all of your intellectual property rights in your Content used in connection with the Services. SurveyEngine does not claim ownership over any of your Content. These Terms do not grant SurveyEngine any licenses or rights to your Content except for the limited rights needed for SurveyEngine to provide the Services, and as otherwise described in these Terms.
- You own all rights, title and interest in all Content provided to SurveyEngine as part of the Services including the survey look-and-feel, textual and graphical content and response data. In addition, all reports and downloads derived from your Content and response data are also owned by you.
- You grant SurveyEngine a worldwide, royalty free license to use, reproduce, distribute, modify, adapt, create derivative works, make publicly available, and otherwise exploit your Content, but only for the limited purposes of providing the Services to you and as otherwise permitted by SurveyEngine’s privacy policies. This license for such limited purposes continues even after you stop using our Services, though you may have the ability to delete your Content such that SurveyEngine no longer has access to it. This license also extends to any trusted third parties we work with to the extent necessary to provide the Services to you. If you provide SurveyEngine with feedback about the Services, we may use your feedback without any obligation to you.
- SurveyEngine PL responds to notices of alleged copyright infringement in accordance with the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). If you believe that your work has been exploited in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify SurveyEngine for claims of copyright infringement.
- SurveyEngine may publish links in its Services to Internet websites maintained by third parties. SurveyEngine does not represent that it has reviewed such third party websites and is not responsible for them or any content appearing on them. Trademarks displayed in conjunction with the Services are the property of their respective owners.
- The Services display content provided by others that is not owned by SurveyEngine. Such content is the sole responsibility of the entity that makes it available. Correspondingly, you are responsible for your own Content and you must ensure that you have all the rights and permissions needed to use that Content in connection with the Services. SurveyEngine is not responsible for any actions you take with respect to your Content, including sharing it publicly. Please do not use content from the Services unless you have first obtained the permission of its owner, or are otherwise authorised by law to do so.
- Confidential Information includes these statements of work, license agreements, business and marketing plans and strategies, non-public business and technology information, trade secrets, know-how, Content included in surveys by you, any written materials marked as confidential and any other information, including visual and oral information, which reasonably should be understood to be confidential. SurveyEngine will use commercially reasonable technology and industry best practices to ensure the integrity and security of all confidential information with respect to theft, piracy, and unauthorised access.
- All such Content are deemed Confidential Information as described below and will not be utilised by SurveyEngine for any purpose other than to perform its obligations as the service provider.
- We do not sell or make available specific information about our clients or their data, except in cooperation with law enforcement in regards to violations of applicable laws. We maintain a database of Client information that is used only for internal purposes such as technical support, notifying Clients of changes, or enhancements to the Service.
- You acknowledge that, in order to ensure compliance with legal obligations, SurveyEngine may be required to review certain content submitted to the Services to determine whether it is illegal or whether it violates these Terms (such as when unlawful content is reported to us). We may also modify, prevent access to, delete, or refuse to display content that we believe violates the law or these Terms. However, SurveyEngine otherwise has no obligation to monitor or review any content submitted to the Services.
- To the extent allowed by law, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless SurveyEngine against any and all claims and expenses, including reasonable legal fees, arising from the use of the Services and this web site. This indemnification expressly includes your responsibility for any and all liability arising from the violation or infringement of copyrights, trademarks or other proprietary rights and from the use of any libellous or unlawful material contained within your survey or web site.
- Where materials are used in the production of Surveys through the Platform the Client shall be responsible for:
- Obtaining all necessary permission, authorisations, licenses and consents required as well as being responsible for the payment of all royalties or license fees associated with the use of the materials; and
- Ensuring that the material provided is not obscene, offensive, upsetting, defamatory, personally offensive or in any way unsuitable for people under the age of eighteen (18) years, and does not comprise and cannot be used for any purpose or activity of an illegal, fraudulent or defamatory nature.
- Where the Client provides material it indemnifies SurveyEngine against the loss, costs, expenses, demands or liability, whether direct or indirect, arising out of a claim by a third party alleging infringement of its intellectual property rights or any other rights.
- The Client shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless SurveyEngine, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, servants and agents from and against all claims, demands, damages, liabilities and costs (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) arising out of or in connection with:
- The Client’s use of the Services, including Client’s use of or reliance on any information or materials including survey results or responses obtained through the use of the Services, any other use of the Services by a third party using Client’s account (whether or not authorised by the Client,
- The Client’s breach of this Agreement, including any of the Client’s representations and warranties under this Agreement, or
- The Client’s contravention of any law applicable to the Client.
- SurveyEngine disclaims any liability for damages caused by its services or the contents of this web site, unless due to its intentional wrongdoing.
- In the event that, notwithstanding the foregoing exclusions of liability, SurveyEngine, any of its affiliates, or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, servants or agents is liable to the Client for any amounts under this agreement under any theory of recovery, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or otherwise, SurveyEngine’s (or such affiliates’, director’s, officer’s, employee’s, servant’s or agent’s, as applicable) total liability in respect of such amounts shall not exceed the fees you have paid to SurveyEngine.
- In no event shall SurveyEngine be liable for lost profits, lost data, interruptions of business, or any special, incidental or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use this web site or the services or products, regardless of whether SurveyEngine has notice of the potential for such loss or damage.
- SurveyEngine makes no guarantee of the accuracy, correctness, or completeness of any information on these web pages, surveys, databases, or results, and are not responsible for:
- any errors or omissions arising from the use of such information;
- any failures, delays, or interruptions in the delivery of any content or services contained on our servers; or
- losses or damages arising from the use of the content or services provided by SurveyEngine.
7. Reasonable Use
- The Platform is intended to be used by valid research users and willing survey respondents using a modern web browser/operating system and an Internet connection.
- Normal use of the Platform means operation by a single human user to create and preview surveys, invite Respondents to participate, collect data and analyse and download the results.
- A vulnerability assessment or penetration test on the Service is permitted with permission from SurveyEngine. The results from any assessment or test are considered Confidential Information as defined in the terms.
- It is permitted to collect up to the Monthly Respondent Cap of respondents per calendar month, being 5000 completions per calendar month unless otherwise agreed in writing by SurveyEngine.
- If the number of completions exceeds the Monthly Respondent Cap, the Client will be charged for each Respondent over the Monthly Respondent Cap at no less than the rate of $3.00 AUD per Respondent.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to manage the number of completion to ensure they are not charged over the Monthly Respondent Cap”.
- The Monthly Respondent Cap is not cumulative, non-transferable and non-redeemable outside of each month.
- The Client acknowledges and agrees that they, and not SurveyEngine, are responsible for all activities occurring in connection with the use of that account, whether or not the Client authorises such activities.
- The Client is responsible for controlling access to their account by creating a strong password, protecting that password and to prevent unauthorised account usage or users.
- The Client warrants that the information provided for the use of the account complete and accurate and that such information is kept up to date.
- The Client is responsible for creating backups of any Content entered, uploaded, collected or received through the use of the Services. SurveyEngine shall not be liable for any removal, deletion or failure to retain any such Content.
- All survey questions, information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, images, video, survey responses, messages or other materials communicated, submitted or transmitted by the Client or Respondents of Client’s surveys through the Services, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the Client. The Client may be held legally liable for survey(s) or for the manner in which Client Content is distributed to third parties.
- When emailing surveys or invitations to surveys, you are responsible to ensure that the recipients have opted in to, or otherwise validly consented to, receiving communications from you or another sender on whose behalf you may be acting.
- The Client must comply with all other rules or regulations applicable to the Client, including, among other things, securities regulations.
- The Client must comply with all privacy policies or similar policies or procedures to which the Client may be bound that are related to these of the Services; or that comprises or includes any “junk mail”, “spam”, “chain letters”, “pyramid schemes”, or any similar form of solicitation.
Furthermore The Client acknowledges that:
- SurveyEngine may withdraw from the Account any content which in SurveyEngine’s reasonable opinion is likely to subject or has subjected SurveyEngine to unfavourable regulatory action, violate or has violated any law or has been subject to errors or omissions in transmission or transcription.
- SurveyEngine may disable the Client’s account and Client’s access to use the Services and SurveyEngine may recover from the Client any losses, damages, costs or expenses incurred by SurveyEngine resulting from or arising out of the Client’s non-compliance with any provision of these Terms.
- By using the Platform, the Client may be exposed to User Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, libellous, vulgar, obscene, offensive, indecent, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
- SurveyEngine does not monitor Client Content. However, we reserve the right to remove any Content from our Service that we determine is in violation of our Terms.
- SurveyEngine does not control the Client Content originating from the Client, Respondents to Client’s surveys or other users of the Services, and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content. Notwithstanding the foregoing, SurveyEngine may, but is not obligated to, review all Client Content and block, modify, terminate access to, or remove any such Client Content that SurveyEngine, in its sole discretion, considers to be non-compliant with any of the requirements of these terms.
- SurveyEngine reserves the right to remove Client Content from its databases at any time and from time to time without notice.
- The Client, and not SurveyEngine, is responsible for all Client Content that Client or Respondents of the Client’s surveys upload, post, email, distribute, communicate, transmit, or otherwise make available using the SurveyEngine Platform or that is otherwise made available through the use of Client’s account, whether or not authorised by the Client.
SurveyEngine may suspend accounts or terminate any aspect of Service at any time without notice for conduct that violates these Terms. Additionally, Users who violate these Terms or have knowledge of misuse in their surveys or accounts are subject to legal liability and prosecution. The following is a non-exhaustive list of content and behaviours that are UNACCEPTABLE to SurveyEngine.
Clients may not:
- Reverse engineer or tamper with the security or operations of any aspect of the SurveyEngine Platform or Servers;
- Remove, obscure or alter copyright information obtained from SurveyEngine Content, the Platform or the Website;
- Make unauthorised copies of any content in the SurveyEngine software;
- Except for valid research purposes, upload Content that contains or contains links to for example but not limited to: nudity, pornography, adult content, sex, profanity, or foul language;
- Upload Content that condones, promotes, contains, or links to warez, cracks, hacks, their associated utilities, or other piracy related information, whether for educational purposes or not;
- Upload Content that infringes any copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets or other intellectual property;
- Upload Content that is racist or otherwise extremely offensive to others, including content that aggravates, harasses, threatens, defames or abuses others;
- Upload binary files or executable code to the Platform;
- Use the Services to send SPAM nor to send SPAM in any connection to the Services. The Client must comply with all local and international laws applicable to the Client and a a minimum, Clients must comply with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (USA);
- Use the Services to send surveys, polls, or other materials to individuals under the age of majority in his or her place of residence (“minors”) unless the Client is permitted to do so under all applicable laws, or to harm minors in any way, and shall not send surveys, polls, or other materials to minors that would subject SurveyEngine to any local or international law, rule or regulation governing children’s privacy, rights of personality or otherwise related to protecting minors;
- Interfere with or disrupt the Services or Servers or networks connected to the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Platform;
- Engage in excessive usage of the Services, as determined by SurveyEngine in its sole discretion, including usage that adversely affects the speed, responsiveness, or functionality of the SurveyEngine Platform, or disrupts the availability of the Services for other the Clients;
- Use the SurveyEngine Platform to create surveys that would generate an amount of Bandwidth unreasonable for a standard survey, specifically, no single survey should generate in total and (inbound plus outbound) more than 10Mb bandwidth for a single Respondent;
- Attempt to damage, deny service to, hack, crack, reverse engineer, or otherwise interfere with the Services in any manner;
- Upload, post, email, distribute, communicate, transmit, or otherwise make available Content that:
- contains viruses or similar malicious software that may damage the operation of a computer using the Services;
- is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, libellous, vulgar, obscene, offensive, indecent, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or other intellectual property right of any party;
- that the Client does not have the right to make available by reason of any law or contractual or fiduciary relationship (including inside information, and proprietary or confidential information obtained or disclosed in connection with an employment relationship or pursuant to a confidentiality agreement).
- The Client shall not impersonate any other person or entity, including SurveyEngine, or a SurveyEngine official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent the Client’s affiliation with any other person or entity;
- The Client shall, if a Client uses the Platform to send a survey, not mislead the recipients of that survey that the Client may have the ability to associate individual responses to that survey with the individual email addresses to which that survey was sent by stating that the Client has no such ability (unless the Client has requested SurveyEngine to disable such feature).
- The Client shall not upload survey links to message boards or newsgroups that are not relevant to the subject matter of the survey, or that prohibit such uploading without SurveyEngine’s prior written consent.
- The Client further acknowledges and agrees that SurveyEngine may cooperate with any governmental authority in connection with any investigation into the Client’s use of the Services, including use in contravention of applicable laws, and may, in accordance with applicable laws, disclose any the Client Content, and any other information pertaining to the Client or to the Client’s use of the Services, to such governmental authority in connection with any such investigation.
SurveyEngine reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Client’s use of the Services at any time, without notice, if the Client is found in violation of these terms.
- This Agreement shall become effective upon first use of the Services or by the date indicated in a separate agreement, whichever is the sooner and continue indefinitely until it is terminated.
- Unless otherwise agreed, Subscriptions to the Platform will have a default period of 6 months from the first Client login.
- On the lapsing of a Subscription period, SurveyEngine will at its sole discretion cancel that subscription and terminate this agreement.
- SurveyEngine may cancel the any Subscriptions and automatically terminate this Agreement immediately by notice to the Client in the event that the Client breaches any of Client’s representations, warranties, or obligations under this Agreement (including any of the Client’s obligations or contravenes any applicable law.
- The Client may cancel any Client’s Subscription and terminate this Agreement by written notice to SurveyEngine in the event that SurveyEngine materially breaches any of its obligations under this Agreement, if such breach is not cured within sixty days of SurveyEngine’s receipt of notice of breach from such the Client.
- Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason, the Client shall immediately cease all use of the Platform, and the Client acknowledges and agrees that SurveyEngine may, in its sole discretion, take any measures SurveyEngine reasonably deems necessary or desirable to prevent further use by the Client of the Platform, including by blocking the Client’s IP address.
- The Client acknowledges and agrees that upon termination of this Agreement, SurveyEngine shall not be obliged to retain any the Client Content (including survey or poll results or responses) or to provide the same to the Client, but may elect to do so in its sole discretion.
- Termination of this Agreement for breach shall not entitle the Client to a refund of any unearned Subscription fees previously paid by the Client.
- The client may terminate this agreement early by providing 30 days written notice prior to your required termination date to SurveyEngine, and by immediately paying 50% of all future monthly payments due.
10.Provision of Platform and Servers
- SurveyEngine reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify, suspend, or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Platform or any part thereof, or the Client’s access thereto, and to modify, suspend or delete the Platform or any part thereof, and SurveyEngine will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide reasonable advance notice of changes that significantly impact the Services in a negative manner.
- In the case of changes that significantly impact the Services in a negative manner, the Client is entitled to cancel the Client’s Subscription, if any. The Client acknowledges and agrees that SurveyEngine shall not be liable to the Client, or to any third party, for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Services or any modification, suspension or deletion of the Platform.
- If the Client engages in excessive usage of the Platform as per the provisions of the Reasonable Use Section, SurveyEngine may take such action as it considers necessary to prevent such excessive usage and to restore the availability of the Platform to other the Clients, including by limiting or suspending the Client’s access to the Platform, or by cancelling any Subscription and terminating this Agreement.
- The Client acknowledges and agrees that the Platform are provided “as is,” “where is,” “as available,” and “with all faults,” and that, SurveyEngine has no responsibility or liability for the loss or deletion of, or failure to receive, process, or store any the client content (including survey or poll results or responses) maintained or transmitted using the Services.
- The Client acknowledges and agrees that the information, software, products, and services contained in or available through the Platform, including information, software, products and services made available by other clients of the Platform, may include inaccuracies or errors.
- The Client further acknowledges and agrees that the Client, and not SurveyEngine, is responsible for evaluating the accuracy, reliability, completeness, and usefulness of any information obtained through the use of the Platform.
- SurveyEngine makes no representations or express warranties, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, regarding the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, quality, or lack of viruses, or other harmful components of the Platform, or the accuracy of such information, software, products and services.
- SurveyEngine does not make any warranties, representations or conditions with respect to any third party content, express or implied.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, SurveyEngine, its affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, servants and agents hereby disclaim all warranties, express or implied, with regard to such information, software, products or services, including any warranty of non-infringement of third party rights, and the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for purpose.
- In the case where the Client operates the SurveyEngine Platform on their own servers, the Client:
- Is responsible for all aspects of server management including but not limited to suitability; CPU, RAM and bandwidth capacity; payment; upgrades; domain name and IP records.
- Is expressly forbidden from reselling the any component Services without written consent from SurveyEngine PL.
- Allows SurveyEngine administrator access to the Client Servers.
- Informs SurveyEngine as to any changes in the location, state, operation, access, authorisation, capacity or termination of the Client Servers.
- May not remove or alter any SurveyEngine attribution, logos or contact information from webpages produced by the SurveyEngine software.
- The client will be forewarned of software upgrades and have the opportunity to defer upgrades to a suitable time.
11.Provision of Technical Support & Consulting
- Unless otherwise agreed, SurveyEngine will provide technical and consulting support at the rate specified under the Payment section.
- Except by other arrangement, SurveyEngine provides support weekdays during business hours (AEST). Response time and Resolution as specified below are only guaranteed within normal business hours.
- SurveyEngine agrees to provide the following levels of support for the Software Platform
|Severity Level||Issue Description||Response Time||Resolution Time|
|1 Catastrophic||Admin Platform outage or Data collection outage- Not possible to log in, collect data or access server.||30 minutes||1 hour|
|2 Critical Function||Function Outage- failure of any single ordinarily working function not included under ‘Catastrophic’||4 hours||24 hours|
|3 WorkAround||Sub optimal operation of normally working functionality or display. – An immediate short term ‘work around’ is possible.||4 hours||1 week|
|4 Request||Any issue not included above and not included in standard functionality||Within 1 Day||To Be Advised|
- Support Requests of severity level 4 have no obligation for SurveyEngine to remedy.
- Work on Support requests of levels 1,2,3 will not be charged.
- Ad hoc consulting will be treated as a level 4 support request. Consulting hours will be tracked in 15 minute increments and billed at an agreed rate or at the standard rate specified under ‘Payments’.
- Project work will be quoted in advance as a level 4 support request.
Unless expressly outlined in a separate agreement, Payment terms are as follows:
- Monthly Subscription Fees, if applicable must be paid 7 days in advance of the month the usage is billed for.
- Ad-hoc consulting and support fees must be paid in advance or within of 7 days of receipt of Invoice.
- Unless agreed separately, project invoices require a 50% upfront payment before work can begin. At the end of the project the remaining 50% will be invoiced along with variations incurred or deducted.
- Technical or Consulting will be charged at an hourly rate of AUD$275 AUD unless agreed otherwise
- Unless specified, use of the Platform will incur a subscription fee of $1,500 AUD per month
- Payments may be made by
- direct debit
- electronic transfer
- cheque or money order
- Payments for Services within Australia will be liable for GST in addition to any amounts quoted.
- Failure to meet payment terms will result in termination of this agreement with SurveyEngine within 7 days of the date payment was originally due. Termination of this agreement will result in the immediate deactivation of the Account.
- These Terms and any other relevant terms, conditions, policies or agreements constitute the entire agreement and understanding between you and SurveyEngine. If there is a conflict or contradiction between the provisions of these Terms and any other agreement, the relevant section of the agreement shall prevail in the following order:
- SurveyEngine License Agreement or other valid agreement between SurveyEngine and your organisation;
- SurveyEngine Statement of Work;
- Terms and Conditions
- You are not permitted to sublicense the Services in whole or in part to third parties without prior written permission of SurveyEngine. These Terms will be governed by the laws of the Australia, specifically the State of Victoria with all legal actions to be founded in the State of Victoria.
- In the event that any one or more of these provisions should be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such provisions will be modified, if possible, to the minimum extent necessary to make them valid and enforceable, or if they cannot be so modified, then severed, and the remaining provisions contained herein will not in any way be affected or impaired.
- SurveyEngine’s failure to enforce strict performance of any provision of these Terms does not constitute a waiver of the right to subsequently enforce such provision.
- These Terms create no rights for third party beneficiaries.
- In no event shall SurveyEngine, its affiliates, or their respective directors, officers, employees, servants or agents be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special or consequential damages whatsoever, including damages for lost profits, lost revenue, loss of use or data, or costs of cover, arising out of or in any way connected with this agreement, whether based on contract, tort, strict liability or any other legal theory, even if SurveyEngine has been advised of the possibility of such damages, including damages arising out of:
- the use or performance of, the delay in providing, the failure to provide, or the inability to use, the SurveyEngine Platform or the services, or
- any information, software, products or services contained in or available through the SurveyEngine Services, including information, software, products and services made available by other the Clients of the Platform.
- Unauthorised access to or alteration of any transmissions or data, any material or data sent or received or not sent or not received, or any transactions entered into through the Site or the services or in reliance upon any information obtained through the use of the Services,
- any threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal content or conduct of any other party or any infringement of a third party’s rights, including intellectual property rights, or
- any content sent using, or included in, the Site or the services by any third party.
- If the Client is dissatisfied with any portion of the Services, The Client’s sole and exclusive remedy is to terminate this agreement and discontinue using the Services.
- The client acknowledges and agrees that without the foregoing exclusions and limitations of liability, SurveyEngine would not be able to offer the Site or the services, and that such exclusions and limitations of liability shall apply, even if they would cause the client’s remedies under this agreement to fail of their essential purpose.