The SurveyEngine software is a browser-based platform allowing creation, simulation, data collection and analysis for academic-grade primary research. It has been purpose-designed for choice experiments and can also be used for standard questionnaires. The main features are described below. Examples of the versatility can be seen on the demonstrations page. Interested researchers are invited to sign up for a free trial.
Choice Experiment Specification
- Simple user interface for specifying alternatives, attributes, and levels.
- The input of text, images, and rich media.
- Attribute linking allowing synchronization of levels.
- Attribute space described independently of design and layout.
- Multiple experiments possible within a single study.
- Arbitrary positioning and styling of attributes.
- Highly realistic experiments are possible.
- Standard table layouts as default.
- Real-time image layering and compositing.
- Customizable user interaction.
- No technical expertise required.
- Custom CSS and templating possible.
- Automatic ‘workhorse’ orthogonal designs as standard.
- Optionally upload NGENE or custom designs.
- Experiment design simulation and sample size estimation.
- Design levels coverage checking.
- Recording of both treatment and actual scenario levels rendered.
- Automatic random treatment allocation.
- Optionally blocking or specific allocation schemes possible.
- Automated one-click ‘workhorse’ MNL main-effects modelling
- Automated modelling of experiment data by segment
- Optionally download data for custom modelling
- Automated generation of standalone model simulator
- All standard question response types.
- Dynamic variable creation via expressions.
- Single frame document style survey editor.
- Page, item and response level randomization.
- Live preview of the survey under construction.
- Simple integration of experiment scenarios.
- Conditional display and branching.
- Data piping of variable anywhere in the survey.
- Multiple languages via translation files.
Responsive Layout for DCEs
- Both Experiments and Standard Questionnaires rendered as responsive.
- In browser previewing of layout on different devices.
- Automatic resizing on change of the device’s orientation.
- Either landscape or portrait mode can be enforced.
- CSS customization for a specific layout.
- Operates on all modern browsers and devices.
Fieldwork and Management Features
- Combine invitations from web-links, email, and panels.
- In browser Web-bot simulation to verify data collection.
- Activity and response data frequency reports.
- Survey version management.
- PDF export of reports and specifications.
- Data export in major formats, e.g.: CSV, Excel, SPSS.
- Live fieldwork quota management.
- Data dictionary summary for the project.
- Project duplicate, archive, download and restore tools.