June 5th, 2020
POSITION FILLED – information provided below for reference only
SurveyEngine is a global research agency providing data, technology and exceptional management for behavioural research projects.
Our core technology is Choice Modelling, a method from behavioural science used to understand and predict human decision making. Our services are used Globally in diverse areas including preparing governments for a driverless vehicle future, exploring the viability of space tourism, showing the economic value of biodiversity and improving quality of life through patient-oriented healthcare.
This is a unique opportunity for a skilled PERL developer to take over the development of our flagship online software platform and to build new software products. You’ll work in a young, dynamic growing company for international clients in the US, UK and Australia and your technical skills will help bring behavioural economics to its full potential and contribute to improved healthcare and a sustainable environment through evidence-based scientific methods.
Our ideal candidate
You have 5 years experience in developing online systems using PERL/mod_PERL within a Linux environment. You are more of an Engineer than a Hacker and understand the principles of robust design, performance, quality and compliance. You resist the urge to ‘Blow up the world and start again’ and can find technical solutions within an existing system.
What you’ll do
- Lead development of our core software
- Maintain the existing Google Compute Cloud PERL software platform
- Manage software testing, release and communication
- Develop briefs for front-end JS developers
- Work with internal and external clients to develop product solutions
- Review and improve system architecture and security
- A good spoken and written command of the English language
- Already based in Berlin with work rights in the European Union
- 4+ Years experience in PERL/ModPERL development
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a commercial environment
- Mid-range Linux SysAdmin skills
- Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or Engineering qualifications.
And for bonus points
- HTML and Responsive CSS coding
- Experience in Econometric Modelling
Benefits – What we offer
- A young, focused, international working atmosphere in an office of 20 people
- An opportunity for personal growth toward a senior position within the company
- To work directly with leading economists, researchers and scientists from all over the world
- Flexible working hours, 32-40 hours per week
- An opportunity to contribute to the development of social, health and environmental research
- Centrally based office in Berlin-Schöneberg
Are you interested?
Send your CV to email@example.com. Suitable candidates will be invited to a skills evaluation prior to an interview. for more information, visit http://surveyengine.com
Our recruitment process complies with the GDPR regulations. The data collected is used only for purposes of identifying and evaluating candidates for potential employment, as well as for future roles that may become available. Click here for more information.