Last updated: May 25, 2020
The GDPR expands the privacy rights of EU individuals and places new obligations on all organizations that market, track, or handle EU personal data. SurveyEngine has decided to adopt these regulations uniformly and globally.
Below is a summary of how GDPR will impact you and your data during the recruitment process
Recruitment Privacy Notice
SurveyEngine GmbH (referred to as “SurveyEngine”, “us” or “we”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. SurveyEngine may process your data as part of the recruitment process. This Recruitment Privacy Notice describes how we handle and protect your personal data in connection with our recruiting processes and programs. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR).
What are our Data Protection Principles?
As SurveyEngine GmbH, we will comply with data protection law and principles under the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) (GDPR). This means that your data will be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner.
- Collected for specified, explicit, and legitimate purposes of recruitment and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed.
- Processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data.
Why we are collecting data?
We collect and use your personal data for legitimate human resources and business management reasons including:
- For the purposes of identifying and evaluating candidates for potential employment, as well as for future roles that may become available.
- As part of our legitimate interest in evaluating your application to manage our relationship with you and to ensure that we recruit the appropriate employees, and to evaluate and maintain the efficacy of our recruiting process more generally.
- For the purposes of performing contractual and pre-contractual measures with respect to our relationship with you.
- To be able to maintain appropriate records in relation to recruiting and hiring.
- In the event of emergency situations where the health or safety of one or more individuals may be endangered.
What kind of data do we collect?
SurveyEngine collects a range of information about you. This includes:
- Your name, title, date of birth, gender, nationality, and contact details, including address, email address, and telephone number.
- Details of your educational achievements, qualifications, skills and qualifications, experience, and employment history.
- Whether or not you have a disability for which the organization needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process.
- Information about your entitlement to work in the countries where we have offices.
How this data is being collected?
SurveyEngine may collect this information in a variety of ways.
- Data might be contained in application forms, CVs or resumes, the personal data in the candidate’s cover letter, or through interviews, tests, or other forms of assessment.
- We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as your references. We will inform you that we are doing so.
How we are going to use this data?
We will use the personal data we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role.
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
- Keep records related to our hiring processes.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
How is this data kept?
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
Your information may be shared internally for the purposes of the recruitment. This includes members of the human resources, recruitment team, company executives, interviewers involved in the recruitment process, managers in the area with a vacancy, and IT staff if access to the data is necessary for the performance of their roles.
We will not share your data with third parties unless your application for employment is successful and we make you an offer of employment. We will then share your data with former employers to obtain references for you, and with employment, background checks providers in order to obtain necessary background checks as appropriate.
How long is your data kept?
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your Human Resources file (electronic and paper-based) and retained during your employment. The periods for which your data will be held will be provided to you in a new privacy notice.
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, the organization will hold your data on file for 12 months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. At the end of that period, or once you withdraw your consent, your data is deleted or destroyed.
What are your rights?
As a data provider, you have a number of rights under the GDPR.
- Access and obtain a copy of your data on request. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Require the organization to change incorrect or incomplete data. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data corrected.
- Require the organization to delete your data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing.
- Require the organization to stop processing your data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
SurveyEngine GmbH Contact Information
In order to exercise your rights regarding your data, you can contact us.
10825 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 30 201 692 320
Amelia Payne Grunewaldstraße 61-62
Tel: +49 30 201 692 320