50,000 to 70,000 plus benefits // SurveyEngine GmbH
SurveyEngine is a global research agency providing data, technology, and exceptional management for preference research projects to global clients in the Pharmaceutical, Academic, Transport and Energy sectors.
You’ll work in a young, dynamic growing company for international clients within Europe, Asia, the US, the UK, and Australia. Your project management skills will lead a team of project managers in advancing commercial and academic research using advanced scientific methods.
The role, and your team, are based in our Berlin office.
Our ideal candidate
With your proactive planning and communication, you can manage a team to complete short and long-term projects of varying complexity at SurveyEngine. You have a preferred tool-set and processes you will bring to the role. Your employ critical, analytical thinking with a focus on the ‘bottom-line’. You understand how budgets, deadlines, and quality work to deliver projects. You make decisions with data to back them. Your strong written and verbal communication skills allow you to negotiate and hold diplomatic conversations with clients as well as with the team you lead. You always look to solve problems more permanently through process or automation.
Overview of the role
The Head of Projects role is a full-time position working closely with the General Manager and the Sales team. You will lead, monitor, and manage a team of Project Managers involved in delivering commissioned market research projects within budget, on time, and at an exceptional level of quality. You will have overall accountability for consistently meeting monthly revenue quotas while ensuring efficient use of resources and maintaining an inclusive, respectful, safe, and enjoyable work environment.
- Recent Bachelor graduate with 1 year commercial experience or 2 years relevant experience
- A good spoken and written command of the English language
- Scripting surveys and behavioural experiments using the SurveyEngine platform
- consistently meet your KPIs of Revenue, Margin, Quality and On-time Delivery.
- Use appropriate systems and processes to have all your KPI’s at your fingertips.
- Foresee potential problems and plan and manage around them.
- Directly manage projects if required to by circumstances.
- Use your systems and processes to allocate and control the workload among your team.
- Determine and plan ahead for capacity, ensuring resources are aligned with current and forecast work.
- Continually improve processes, tools or technical development initiatives for streamlined, efficient, high quality and consistent delivery of projects.
- Escalate major project and client issues to senior management.
- Lead your team through example to establish a vibrant team culture.
- Actively take part in the recruitment and selection process of your team.
- Nurture your team through on-boarding, career development and retention initiatives.
- Monitor production team performance with regular formal reporting to senior management.
Minimum Job requirements
- Proven work experience as both a project manager and manager of other managers.
- Hiring, coaching, and leading project managers.
- Familiarity with the project management cycle and the available systems and tools.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, both individually and as part of a team.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, innovation, and change while striving for continuous improvement.
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent professional communication skills in English (verbal and written).
- Creative and bold problem-solving skills.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent, higher degree.
- A background in Communications, Sociology, Psychology.
- Knowledge of market research and/or healthcare industries.
- Working knowledge of behavioural experiments.
Benefits – What we offer
- An opportunity for personal growth in executive leadership.
- Work directly with leading economists, researchers, and scientists from all over the world.
- An opportunity to contribute to the development of social, health and environmental research.
- A young, focused, international working atmosphere in central Berlin
- Fully equipped kitchen with all groceries, drinks, and snacks covered by the company.
- Regular events and team lunches.
- Subsidies for mobility such as BVG tickets and bikes.
Are you interested?
Our recruitment process complies with the GDPR regulations. The data collected is used only for purposes of identifying and evaluating candidates for potential employment, as well as for future roles that may become available. Click here for more information.