Market Research Associate – Full time
February 21st, 2022
SurveyEngine is a global research agency providing data, technology, and exceptional management for preference research projects to global clients in the Pharmaceutical, Academic, Transport, and Energy sectors.
You’ll work in a young, dynamic growing company for international clients within Europe and in the US, UK, and Australia. Your technical skills will help push forward the frontiers of academic research using advanced scientific methods.
All your projects will be global, and the role will be based in our Berlin office.
Our ideal candidate
You share our passion in research and data. You are a strong logical thinker who will be helping our Project Team to construct the surveys for our clients and working hands-on on quantitative and qualitative research projects to deliver excellent quality. With your attentive and hands-on mindset, you spot and troubleshoot issues and you support the team in all project phases.
We appreciate you might be a beginner in the world of quantitative research, thus starting with simple tasks in the design and execution of international research projects and through receiving comprehensive training, you will become a real expert in about one year.
Overview of the role
As a Market Research Associate, you support the Project Managers throughout all phases of their projects: you will script and deploy surveys, and prepare results for analysis. Your recommendations to our Project Managers and clients will guide them on the most appropriate survey structure through a strong understanding of best practices, testing surveys, and checking for quality. Within the data collection phase, you will collaborate with external vendors, follow up with progress reports, ongoing monitoring of data quality, and interact with research participants to ensure a smooth project lifecycle.
Becoming an expert in survey design, scripting, and quality control, you will also utilise your knowledge and expertise to consult and train both clients and colleagues. You ensure that your tasks are completed on time and within budget.
- Recent Bachelor graduate with 1 year commercial experience or 2 years relevant experience
- A good spoken and written command of the English language
- Scripting surveys and behavioural experiments using the SurveyEngine platform
- Taking the lead on identifying solutions and scripting complex research questions
- Briefing software developers and external consultants for customised solutions
- Testing surveys and scripts for flawless execution
- Analysing data and assessing quality
- Delivering reports and data files to the project managers
- Communicating with vendors and managing survey respondent recruitment
- Ensure scripting processes and methodologies are followed, updating them or developing new ones when necessary
- Bachelor’s (or equivalent/higher) degree. Background in Economics, Statistics, Sociology, Psychology, Computer Science or Engineering is an advantage, but not a must.
- Ability to demonstrate a logical thought process.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, both individually and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail and drive to achieve high quality of deliverables.
- Strong relationship building, teamwork, and communication skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, innovation, and change, striving for continuous improvement
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- A passion and curiosity for working with data and online tools.
- Excellent professional communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Problem-solving skills including an ability to “think outside of the box”
- Microsoft Excel – able to use the tool efficiently
Nice to have
- Knowledge and experience in survey design and programming
- Experience in web programming basics like HTML, CSS
- Basic knowledge in Discrete choice experiment design
- Knowledge of market research industry
Benefits – What we offer
- An opportunity for personal growth towards client service, project management role or technical expertise.
- Work directly with leading economists, researchers and scientist from all over the world.
- An opportunity to contribute to the development of social, health and environmental research.
- A young, focused, international working atmosphere.
- Company subsidized hot and soft drinks, and plenty of snacks
- Regular events and team lunches
- BVG Abo ticket
Are you interested?
Send your CV to email@example.com. Suitable candidates will be invited to complete a task after the successful first interview. For more information, visit http://surveyengine.com.
Please note we do not offer work visas or relocation.
Our recruitment process complies with the GDPR regulations. The data collected is used only for purposes of identifying and evaluating candidates for potential employment, as well as for future roles that may become available. Click here for more information.